-----
To have your own Corthay's posted on the blog, please send us an E-MAIL with pictures and we’ll post them as soon as we can.
We will not publish your name, all posts will be anonymous.
-----

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Sir Jeremy Hackett visits "Maison Corthay", London

This week "Maison Corthay", London, had a very special visitor!
Storemanager Francois Pourcher was very pleased to welcome "Mr Classic" himself, Sir Jeremy Hackett, accompanied by the well-known Japanese photographer and journalist, Shu Tomioka.

 
Sir Jeremy Hackett & Francois Pourcher
© Shu Tomioka


 
On his blog www.jeremyhackett.com, he says:

I don't know about you but the recent trend for coloured shoelaces had completely passed me by; keep up Jeremy! A friend of mine, who is a shoe nut, sent me a text telling me about this current fashion phenomenon that was sweeping Milan. How could I have missed this revolution in Men’s fashion?

A few days later, I was passing a new shoe shop in Motcomb St called Corthay, a French bespoke shoemaker. In the window was a pair of black shoes with red shoelaces. Immediately I purchased the laces from the very charming and knowledgeable shop manager.
It struck me that here was a way to freshen up a pair of sensible black shoes or add a touch of colour to a pair of broken down battered brown brogues for the cost of a pair of shoelaces...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...